Social Emotional Learning Through The Power of the Human-Animal Bond
This powerful program pairs youth with a dog “partner” using an engaging, structured curriculum to teach life changing, social emotional learning lessons through the training of a dog. Our curriculum is unique; lessons and activities engage youth by introducing a canine concept. That concept progresses to humans and ultimately bridges to youth personally. It is ideal for small groups of youth (4 – 6) meeting the PBIS tier 2 for after school programs, alternative schools, residential boarding facilities, youth homes or any other youth serving organization. The content is geared toward youth ages 13-18.
Canine Assisted Social Emotional Learning
Using canine education is an incredibly powerful and engaging way for youth to learn imperative social emotional skills.
This researched-based, outcomes driven curriculum is rich in content and allows students to engage in learning through the experience of hands-on dog training with a dog.
We believe that utilizing the remarkable benefits of the human-animal bond to teach social emotional skills is one of the best delivery systems and highly effective in helping students bridge what they learn from the dogs they work with to their own lives.
Would You Like A Sample Lesson?
You can count on us for training, support and measurement tools to help you. With our experience running this program in various schools, juvenile agencies and youth organizations, we have the confidence to assist you each step of the way to ensure your success. Because we know that outcomes matter to many people, we provide measurement tools that allow you to demonstrate program effectiveness.
What Is Included?
- Instructor Guide – Giving step by step guidance, resources for further information needs as well as suggested courses of action.
- Reading / Independent Activities/Reading Questions – All put together in a full color workbook for students. Workbook pricing varies depending on quantity.
- Dog Training concepts, guides and learning tools.
- Student PowerPoint – Dynamic and Imbedded with videos and links for increased engagement and application of concepts.
- Training, Support and Assistance with Program Implementation.